IRCTC Premium Tatkal Tickets: Booking Rules, Charges And All Details
IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) offers a quota of ‘Premium Tatkal’ for online ticket bookings on its official website- irctc.co.in and app. Premium Tatkal tickets were introduced with dynamic fare pricing by Indian Railways. According to IRCTC, dynamic fare stands for the fare component which may be increased with the subsequent bookings. Booking Premium Tatkal (PT) ticket is much costlier than Tatkal due to dynamic fare pricing, said IRCTC. The ticket prices vary according to the booking rate and seat available.
10 features of Premium Tatkal (PT) quota booking on dynamic pricing:
- Advance Reservation Period (ARP) of Premium Tatkal ticket booking is same as Tatkal ticket booking. Premium Tatkal booking also opens at 10 AM for AC classes and 11 AM for non-AC classes, mentioned IRCTC.
- Agents are not allowed to book tickets in Premium Tatkal quota, said IRCTC.
- Dynamic fares are charged for confirm passengers.
- RAC (Reservation Against Cancellation)/ Waitlist ticket bookings are not allowed under this quota.
- Only e-tickets are permitted for booking. I-ticket booking is not allowed under this quota.
- No concession is applicable in this quota, mentioned IRCTC.
- Child passenger is charged with full fare.
- Identity card number of the prescribed proof of identity is required at the time of booking. At least one passenger should travel with his/her ID card in original which was used at the time of booking, said IRCTC.
- No refund is given to passengers in case of cancellation of confirm Premium Tatkal (PT) quota ticket.
- All rules for tatkal quota booking over internet is applicable to Premium Tatkal quota also, notified IRCTC.